Embedded Bling

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Whew!  Just under the wire today!  Managed to get my fourth and final card done for the September Viva la Verve challenges.  This is also for the Ribbon Carousel RCC72 challenge found here.

Here's the sketch by Janelle Stollfus:


I recently saw a card on the web that had beautiful beads and glitter embedded in clear embossing.  Wish I'd tagged the page because I'd love to give the designer credit for this idea!  With no beads in sight I decided to try embedding some glass glitter.

The card base was covered with some designer paper.  Next I cut the ornament shape die cut out of a coordinating paper and sponged the edges with ink.  If you've ever tried the cracked glass technique...that's what I tried and it worked!  First, I inked the entire piece with Versamark stamp pad, then I added the first layer of Glassy Glaze, heated that with my heat gun and while it was still liquid and warm, sprinkled some glass glitter over various areas.  Then, as with the cracked glass technique, I just kept building layers of Versamark and Glassy Glaze until I got the desired effect.

Then I added the layer of designer paper across the top of the card and added some seam binding.  Next I cut two different die cuts for the sentiment.  The sentiment was stamped in black and then I used some Distress Stickles to add color to the little wreath.

For embellies...a little seam binding bow topped by a button, topped by a faceted gem and, for the right corner...three more little faceted gems.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Soft Suede, Bazzill Wassail designer paper and Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage designer paper
Ink:  Versamark, Walnut Stain Distress Ink and Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps:  Verve Joy
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom ornament die, Verve Rounded Scallop A Cut Above Die, Verve Rounded Rectangle A Cut Above Die, SU! Glass Glitter in Champagne and Silver, Hug Snug Seam Binding, Distress Stickles in Fired Brick, sponge, heat gun, SU! Glassy Glaze Enamel, Teresa Collins Faceted Gems and Pearls, Buttons Galore button, ATG and Ranger Glossy Accents

Hope you get a chance to try this technique...it's fun and adds great bling to a card!












4 comments

  1. Such a fabulous card! Love that glittery ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one gorgeous and beautiful card! Really awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!