Butterflies and Crayons

Thursday, October 18, 2012

A very simple CAS design today for a couple of the challenges over at Splitcoast.  Ardyth has asked us to use something that pertains to the four main vitals signs...I chose breathing.  And, for the Ways to Use It Challenge, Cathy has asked us to use crayons.  There are all sorts of ways to use crayons...crayon resist...melted crayon backgrounds...and on and on.

I took a piece of neutral colored designer paper with a butterfly pattern and placed it OVER TOP of my 6 x 6 template and simply rubbed on different colors of crayons.  It gives a really subtle look doesn't it?  It took a little bit of playing to find the right designer paper and colors of crayons to get the desired effect but I think this works very well.

As I was concerned that the crayon would rub off, I simply heat set it with my heat gun and then lightly burnished it with a paper towel.

The sentiment was stamped and part of the butterfly rhinestone embellishment added,  the bottom corners were rounded and done!  Very simple!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! River Rock, SU! Concord Crush and Basic Grey Perhaps
Ink:  SU! Concord Crush
Stamps:  Verve Beautiful You
All the other stuff:  The Crafters Workshop Mini Chicken Wire template; Zva Creative PEB-03CB-109, SU! Watercolor Wonder crayons in Almost Amethyst, Pale Plum and Certainly Celery; corner rounder punch, heat gun, paper towel, ATG

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!