Crinoline Roses and Canvas One Day

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

This card has been designed for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenge where Donna has asked us to use cork, canvas or clay on our card.  It's also for the Moxie Fab World Challenge here.  I've used the Viva la Verve! October week five sketch by Laurie Schmidlin shown here:


I started by printing the vintage image from Crafty Secrets on some sticky-back canvas.  Just in case you've never tried this...it was a snap with my HP inkjet printer.  Once I peeled the backing off, it was matted onto some card stock.  Then before it was burnished with a bone folder onto the card stock I lifted the edges with my fingernail and ripped one thread back from each side.  Then, still using my fingernail, the edges were lightly rolled up.  Next the edges were all inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink and the sentiment from Verve was stamped in SU! Soft Suede.

The flowers and leaves were made with dies and crinoline.  Each piece was dampened, scrunched in my hands, inked with Distress Stains and Inks and gently dried with my heat gun.  Then the flowers were rolled up, glued and then I added a pearl center to each.

Finally, everything was matted on a 5" x 5" square card.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Blush Blossom and Soft Suede
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Weathered Wood, Tattered Rose, Antique Linen and Mowed Lawn; as well as SU! Soft Suede
Stamps:  Verve One Day Plain Jane
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die, Tim Holtz Tattered Pinecone die, HP inkjet printer, Crafty Secrets Creating with Vintage Illustrations CD#2, Claudine Hellmuth Studio Sticky-Back Canvas, crinoline fabric, Spun Sugar Distress Stain, sponges, Ranger Glossy Accents, misc. pearls, heat gun, craft mat, disposable gloves, water spritzer, bone folder

Hope you are having a terrific day my friends!

5 comments

  1. loved how you did it, i will so try this technique, thank you for sharing it.
    loved it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers, amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, Lee-Anne! Love the muted effect printing on canvas gives - Congrats on your win at MFW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your well deserved MFW challenge win. That image printed on the canvas creates such a lovely, vintage feel. All the parts work so beautifully together to send the perfect message.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!