It's the Most Wonderful Snowman er...Snow Woman?

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Much earlier in the month, Jeanne challenged us to make a shaped card.  After much thought, this is what I came up with. 

The actual snowman snow woman is cut with the Tim Holtz Winter Wonder die.  Yes, the card does stand and here's how to do it.  I made a top folding card in the usual manner by scoring at the top.  Then I placed the fold slightly below the top of the die.  This keeps it attached. 

Now my poor little snowman snow woman had a flat head...that'll never do!  So I simply cut the hat area again, this time in felt and trimmed it straight across the bottom and one side to make it fit.  I repeated this step on the back of the card.

His Her scarf has been cut in felt, this time with the Sizzix Snowman #2 die.  I used a Copic to color his her carrot nose and added little stripes mimicking a carrot with a Copic Multi Liner.  The Multi Liner was also used for his her eye and his mouth made out of coal {grin}.

The sentiment has been stamped in black and the little stars stamped in pink to match the scarf.  Then I just added a wee bit of Stickles to the center of the stars for some bling.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Whisper White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and SU! Blushing Bride
Stamps:  Verve Winter Mittens and Verve Snowflake Splendor
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Tim Holtz Winter Wonder die, Sizzix Snowman #2 die, pink and black felt, Star Dust Stickles, Copic YR68 and Copic Multi Liner 0.5

A fun card to make and really it's very simple!  See you very soon my dear friends!



1 comment

  1. He's sooooo chute!! Love the felt scarf and the perfect sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!