Okay

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Another card for the Hope You Can Cling To challenges over at Splitcoast.  Bridget has asked us to make a card inspired by Emily Dickenson's poem "Hope is the Thing with Feathers".  My first thought was to use this wonderfully encouraging stamp from Verve..."everything is going to be okay" definitely words of hope!

I've used the Viva la Verve October week one sketch challenge layout for my card.  It's a standard A2 (4.25" x 5.5") sized card.

The flowers have been stamped on designer paper and die cut.  Then I punched out some small circles in a coordinating designer paper, inked up the center of the flower only and placed the circle on the stamp.  Then I lifted it off very carefully...saves on a lot of paper to do this!  I've placed some Zva Creative rhinestones in the little grid pattern. Each of the flowers and the flower centers have been popped up on dimensionals.

The sentiment has been made by stamping off the flower and then stamping it beneath the sentiment image.  It's been die cut with the Verve Rounded Rectangle die and the Verve Rounded Scallop die. Next a strip of designer paper layered over some SU! Early Espresso.  And yet another layer...this time a circle over the Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Motif die cut.  All these layers have been placed over a larger piece of  another coordinating paper.

And, for a little more bling two beautiful swirls of rhinestones from Zva.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Crumb Cake and Early Espresso; and Cosmo Cricket Evangline
Ink:  SU! Early Espresso
Stamps:  Verve Be Okay Plain Jane and Verve Lean on Me
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro; Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Motifs; Verve Pointed Flowers, Rounded Scallop, and Rounded Rectangle A Cut Above Dies, Jody boosters, Zva Creative CRW-05CB-101 and CRW-03CB-105 self adhesive rhinestones

Have a marvelous week my friends!

3 comments

  1. Lee-Anne, this is gorgeous. Love your details, especially of the flower circles. Will certainly keep that technique in mind! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I just read this particular HYCCT challenge and I hope to play today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really fabulous! Love the sentiment which is so comforting and all of the beautiful details that frame it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!