Pink Chocolate Love

Monday, October 29, 2012

Patty has challenged us to make a treat holder for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenge today.  She's asked us to use pink, black, white and silver.  And, in addition to that...make it glam...I think this meets all the requirements {grin}.  Blingety, bling, bling!

I did a search looking for a little box or seed packet.  Luckily I found this wonderful a template from joyeverafter.com.  It worked so well for my little organic dark chocolate bar. 

It was printed on SU! Basic Gray card stock and then I cut it out with my craft knife, added some scoring to hold the chocolate bar:

I simply scored it where you would normally fold it for a seed packet and then added another score just 1/8" outside the first score line on the three applicable sides.  This allowed me to make a proper sized pocket to hold the little chocolate bar.

Then I added Scor-Tape to the three sides to shape the holder.  Next I cut a strip of black and white designer paper just slightly narrower than the holder, again scored it in the same way to fit it around the holder, and affixed it using more Scor-Tape.

The sentiment has been stamped on more designer paper that's been die cut with the Verve Rounded Rectangle Die and popped up on dimensionals.  Underneath that is some glitter card stock that's been cut with the Verve Rounded Scallop die.

Since Patty asked for bling...I added bling!  A punched heart, a couple of silver heart peel-offs and several rhinestones in two shades of pink are the final embellishments.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Basic Gray, Recollections glitter paper and MME Lost & Found Blush
Ink:  SU! Basic Gray
Stamps:  Verve Love Is
All the other stuff:  template, craft knife, Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, SU! heart punchJody boosters, Recollections rhinestones, Recollections glitter tape, peel-offs and of course...CHOCOLATE!

Hope you are having a wonderful day!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!