Pink Felt One Day

Monday, October 8, 2012

It's Thanksgiving Day here in Canada and I'm so grateful for the wonderful family and friends in my life.  What are you grateful for today?

Another multi-challenge card today for you, my dear friends.  I'm still working on lots of cards for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges over at Splitcoast.  The more cards I can send to Houston, the better in this stamper's mind!

Our challenge hostess, Giovana, asked us to use three or more die cuts/punches on our card and to focus on the sentiment.  This fabulous sentiment from Verve is definitely the focal point!  My card is also for the Verve Stamps World Card Making Day Sketch Challenge at Splitcoast.  And, for the Technique Lovers Challenge where Joan has asked us to add some dimension to our cards.

I layered two different patterns of designer paper over some SU! Early Espresso on my card base.  The floral pattern has been dry embossed.  Next, using my Tim Holtz ruler and SU! Early Espresso marker, I did some faux stitching.  The banner has been made with the Verve Ribbon Banner A Cut Above Die and it's been extended behind the sentiment panel.  Again, more faux stitching.  Then I cut some felt using the Verve Pennant Trim and the All Aflutter A Cut Above Dies. 

For the sentiment...I stamped the Verve Sweet Scallop Tag and One Day images and fussy cut the tag.  And finally, for a little bling, a couple of bits of some Recollection Rhinestones.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Rose Red, SU! Early Espresso and Glitz Pretty In Pink
Ink:  SU! Early Espresso
Stamps:  Verve One Day and Sweet Scallop Tag
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Verve All Aflutter die,  Verve Ribbon Banner die, Verve Pennant Trim die, SU! Lattice embossing folder, MFT felt, Recollections Rhinestones, glue, Jody boosters, Tim Holtz ruler, SU! Early Espresso marker

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends and family!  And, Happy Columbus Day to my American family and friends!

4 comments

  1. Oh my goodness! Pink felt and bling... just fabulous! Love how meaningful this little creation is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful creation Lee-Anne! Love the bling and pink felt! Happy Thanks giving! Didn't realize you are a fellow Canadian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Love the colors, papers and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! So gorgeous! Great take on the Verve WCMD sketch! Love the tag, the felt elements and the bling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!