Triumph Over Fear

Friday, October 5, 2012

Good morning friends!  A long weekend here in Canada, to celebrate Thanksgiving.  What are you thankful for today? 

My card is for several challenges today...first the Hope You Can Cling To Challenge of the day from Kathy - it's all about courage.  Secondly, for the Free For All Challenge, where Wendy has asked us to use a rosette on our card. And finally, for the Viva la Verve! October week two sketch challenge.  Here's Maureen's fabulous sketch:


I started out by making my rosettes, using the Tim Holtz die and some sparkly bronze paper.  Then I stamped and fussy cut the little flowers from Verve and topped them off with large rhinestones.

My card base is a standard A2 size that's been layered with a sheet of beautiful Glitz designer paper.  Next came another strip of designer paper that's been layered over the same dark card stock.  And now for some bling!  Love these cool diamond shapes from Recollections...fun aren't they?

The sentiment was stamped on the same striped designer paper.  I used a punch to create the tails and then sponged the edges.  I also used a secondary sentiment today by featuring what's already on the designer paper.  It really ties in well with the message "something good will happen today".  Love that...don't you?  So in featuring this, I tweaked the sketch a bit to make it work.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Early Espresso, Glitz Pretty in Pink and unknown bronze paper
Ink:  SU! Early Espresso
Stamps:  Verve Hope Blooms and Verve Words of Wisdom
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Tim Holtz Mini Rosette die, Recollections bling, 1 1/4 inch square punch, sponge, red liner tape, Jody's Sticky Stuff dots

A Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends and family!








3 comments

  1. Wow, great use of the sketch and very cool bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the color combos and creativity. I'm your newest follower, and I hope you'll stop to visit and follow me too.
    www.stampandscrapwithbrenda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is fabulous! Love those gorgeous rosette flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!