Spotted Cardinal Empty Nester

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Yes, this cardinal is spotted and she's an empty nester...all her little baby cardinals have flown the coop...'cause this stamper was not making little tiny birds for her nest!  LOL!

Over at Splitcoast it's the Ways to Use It Challenge...Steph has asked us to use birds on our cards today.  Then I used the Mojo Monday Sketch designed by the, oh so talented, Julee Tillman shown here:

I've used a card base in SU! Early Espresso.  For the next layer, some designer paper in two different patterns.  Then I used my cross-stitch stamp from Verve's Borderline and stamped across both seams.  Both the top and the bottom of this three part panel are distressed and inked with SU! Early Espresso.

The rectangle has been cut in a coordinating paper, distressed, and inked.  I added a cute little spotted banner from Verve down the right side and again used the cross-stitch stamp.

I cut the bird in the same spotted paper and the branch in SU! Early Espresso.  And, added more distressing and sponging on the bird.  Then I added some Liquid Applique snow to the branch.  Next, I cut up some little pieces of burlap and dipped them in glue to make the nest.

For the sentiment, first I cut a circle in burlap, tucked a couple of gold star pins into it, then topped it with the Verve Scroll die and added a rectangle with the sentiment.  The edges of the rectangle have been distressed and inked too.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Early Espresso, MME All is Bright
Ink:  SU! Early Espresso
Stamps:  Verve Borderline and Verve Glad Tidings
All the other stuff:  Tim Holtz Christmas Cardinal die, Verve Scroll die, Verve Pennant Trim die, gold star pins, sponges, burlap, Ranger Glossy Accents, Jody boosters, Liquid Applique, heat gun, distressing tool, ATG

Thanks for spending some time with me today my friends!

4 comments

  1. Don't blame you for not wanting to make little birds for her nest ;) Great take on the mojo sketch!! Love the scene you've created and the touches of burlap are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that spotted Cardinal and all the natural textures. Precious card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job with the sketch Lee-Anne Love that spotted canary and your empty nest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the chuckle! Nice card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!