A Joyous Merry Christmas

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Used lots of stamping on this one...no designer papers today! I've used Korin's wonderful sketch from the Sketch Challenge over at Splitcoast today and I've used the colors from the Color Throwdown #221 with a slight deviation as I had no Gumball Green.




Here's Korin's sketch:

I stamped my card base with the larger poinsettia from Verve's Joyous Noel, as well as the little solid star from Verve's Holiday Greetings.  Then sponged a lot of SU! Crumb Cake around the edges and into the center of the card. 

Next I cut my layers...two squares and two rectangles and stamped them with the same images, plus the smaller poinsettia/star.  All the edges have been distressed.  Then each of the layers was matted on black card stock. 

I used my nesties to die cut the circles for the sentiment.  The same larger poinsettia image was stamped in SU! Riding Hood Red and then the sentiment stamped over top in black.  The sentiment circle was placed on the black mat with dimensionals and then I added the three stick pins into the dimensionals to hold them in place. 

A piece of black seam binding was added right across the card, followed by a seam binding bow with a brad center.  After my bow was made I simply spritzed it with water and scrunched it in my hand before adding the brad.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red and Garden Green (I think??)
Ink:  Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink,  SU! Crumb Cake and Riding Hood Red
Stamps:  Verve Joyous Noel and Holiday Greetings
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, circle nesties, dimensionals, sponges, Hug Snug Seam Binding in black, SU! antique brad and some stick pins, distressing tool and water spritzer

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!  See you soon with more!

4 comments

  1. All those skewed panels have me going into cardiac arrest, but you have mastered them wonderfully! Great use of the colours too. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Love all the stamped backgrounds and your black accents make everything so much richer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!Black edges etc look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card turned out really nice Lee Anne!! I like the distressing and how you stamped on the crumb cake. I took your example, and also used the sketch with these colors. It was a fun sketch. :>)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!