My Heart Belongs to You

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's time for the color challenge over at Splitcoast today.  I really love this color combo...SU! Soft Suede, Calypso Coral and Pool Party.  And for dessert today...make it a valentine.  Although these aren't traditional colors for a valentine...I like it!

My card base is a standard 5.5" x 4.25" size in SU! Soft Suede.  Next, I've used a template and all three colors of ink to sponge a background.  Then a die cut doily in Calypso Coral followed by a die cut border in Pool Party.

The heart image is from Verve.  It's been stamped in Pool Party and then die cut with the coordinating Verve die.  I inked the edge to give it a little more definition.

The sentiment, again from Verve has been stamped in Soft Suede and I added a little trio of hearts in the Calypso Coral.

Then a few scattered rhinestones in different sizes for a little bling and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Soft Suede, Calypso Coral, Pool Party and Georgia Pacific
Ink:  SU! Soft Suede, Calypso Coral and Pool Party
Stamps:  Verve Love Notes
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, TCW Mini Word Collage template, Memory Box Cherish border die, Cheery Lynn Designs French Pastry doily die, Verve A Cut Above Jotted Heart die, distressing tool, sponges, Recollections bling and dimensionals

See you soon with more!



6 comments

  1. Loving all the hearts and well done with the colour combo. Love the jotted heart die and the side panel is fabulous with that heart design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! I do like Valentines in non-traditional colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I just love that border. Such a pretty Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! You did such a great job with the colors. I love those dies, especially the doily. It all comes together for a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! Your colors, dies, and Verve heart and sentiment just make this one sing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!