Translucent Pearlescent

Thursday, January 23, 2014



And right now you're asking yourself...where the heck does she get these names for her posts?  Well truth be known...just what ever happens to pop into my little old brain at the time *grin*.

Actually, in this case, it's what I used to create the shiny black/blue/aqua piece on my card.  Once I cut the piece of black card stock, it was temporarily adhered to my craft sheet.  Next, a template was placed over top.  Like a mad scientist I started playing with my new translucent embossing paste and some Pearl Ex...oooh the fun you can have with colors!!!  Once it was mixed up, it was spread across the template and then quickly lifted.  It took about an hour for it to dry...patience...patience...patience.  The color you'll see really depends on how you hold it in the light. Isn't that fun?

The sentiment has been die cut (with my new die) from a scrap of dry embossed paper that was in my "save for later" pile and then just a sprinkling of sequins (my favorite new embellie!).

Definitely a clean and graphic style today!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. pure luxury white and SU! basic black
Ink:  none
Stamps:  none
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, MFT Happy Hellos die, TCW mini harlequin template, spatula, craft sheet, Misty Lavender Pearl Ex, translucent embossing paste, MS sequins, Ranger Glossy Accents, temporary adhesive

Challenges entered:
CASE Study #175
Addicted to CAS - new
Splitcoast Ways to Use It - warm or cool
Card Concept Challenge #2 - use texture


Back soon with more...

17 comments

  1. You are so clever Lee-Anne..I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing, luv the design!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the blues and black color scheme!! Lovely work! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the colors. Haven't tried Pearl-Ex or translucent embossing paste - oh dear - I'm sooo behind the times. :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gorgeous panel you have created, such lovely colours. The white 'Hello' is a perfect addition. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is so cool! I love it. Great colors and they look awesome on the black. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, I meant ATCAS! :) But you could link up with us at ATSM this week too as our challenge over there is CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely too. I like the vibrant contrast the iridescence brings to the whole design and your sentiment in white is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how the blue diamonds seem to glow! Great use of colour and texture! Thanks so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect name for the blog post - the blue diamonds are pearlescent and so pretty! I love a card with some shine to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous paste fun! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Serious fun reading your methology. Love the results! The blues just glow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on being picked in the Top 3 at ATCAS! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!