Tim's Tag May 2015

Monday, May 4, 2015

I adore this glorious tag from none other than the fabulous Tim Holtz:

12 Tags of 2015 - May | www.timholtz.com


And here's my very feminine spin on it:


This was a blast to do!  I used several of his techniques and most products on this tag are from his various lines.

The burlap tag adds such wonderful texture, and then I just basically added layers of ephemera, some ribbon roses, hand-dyed ribbons etc.  The sentiment pretty much echoes how I am trying to feel about art...be original, be fearless and be you, bravely.  Some days that's a very tall order :)

Here's what I used:
Big Shot Pro, Ranger #8 manila tag, textured surfaces, tag and bookplates die, photobooth, emporium ephemera, small talk stickers, misc. ribbon roses, loop pins, buttons, thrift shop ephemera pack, arrow adornments, light modeling paste, matte medium, seam binding, spun sugar distress ink, walnut stain distress ink, frayed burlap distress ink, sanding block, sponges, pearl stick pin

Yes, not my usual CAS design by any means, but I simply had so much fun. As much as I love making CAS cards, I truly love so many different styles...vintage being one of them!

Back soon with more my sweet friends...





16 comments

  1. This is really beautiful Lee-Anne. I think it embodies your sentiment! Love the texture, dimension and amazing mix of elements. So truly creative. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like "elegant steam punk". Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "feminine spin" very much! A great approach to Tim's May tag! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and feminine take on Tim's May tag, congratulations on being chosen as one of this month's winners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightfully feminine and I love it! Congratulations on being featured as one of Tim's favorites for May. Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty and feminine! I'm so pleased Tim picked you as a winner! Breath taking tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty and feminine! I'm so pleased Tim picked you as a winner! Breath taking tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this so much ... perfectly spectacular x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it... What a beautiful tag! Big Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tag Lee Ann...so soft and pretty. Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! What a beautiful tag. I love all the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was perusing Tim's Tags and saw that this one WON! That is very cool! - Nice feminine touch

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!