Butterfly Love

Thursday, June 4, 2015



Butterfly love, indeed!  I'm hoping to see many more butterflies, specifically monarchs,  in our garden this year.  I'll be planting more butterfly-friendly perennials in the hopes of helping the butterflies to flourish. Milkweed, in particular, is a great option, as that's where the monarchs lay their eggs and what caterpillars particularly like to feed on.  Would be such a shame to see these glorious butterflies disappear...

I've adhered some ripped paper to my card base and then covered it with a layer of thinned acrylic paint.  When that was dry, I used some light modelling paste through the roses stencil on just one side of the card.  More paste was applied to the right side of the card in random fashion for a bit more texture. Then the lovely butterflies were stamped in archival ink.  I added a bit of aqua acrylic paint and then sloshed it around with some water and a brush.

Then just a little mini collage of elements to finish the card.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Strathmore 140# watercolor paper and misc. designer papers
Ink:  Watering Can archival ink
Stamps:  STAMPlorations Trendy Butterflies
All the other stuff:  ARTplorations Old Rose Prints stencil, yellow and aqua acrylic paints, misc. collage elements, adhesive

Challenges entered:

The Mixed Media Card Challenge #12 (collage)



Back soon with more my sweet friends...

9 comments

  1. This is so dreamy with its stenciled flowers and buttery color scheme. It's amazing how two simple letters can give so much meaning, huh? GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your mixed media stuff! It's like steam punk, only better. It's L-A punk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty....I just put an order in to STamploration and didn't order that rose stencil....kicking myself now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are they a threatened species?? There used to be tons in MI. I love this card. Those colors work so well together and your mini collage is perfect. Great to see you in the MMCC gallery this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice card! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you work wonders in your projects :) Love this beauty !

    ReplyDelete
  7. what wonderful colors and textures on this! thanks so much for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Collage challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with and do update how d butterfly plan goes. I don't see many any more used to be loads when I was a kid. Your card background is lovely. The yellow and blue combo with d roses is divine. Thanks for joining us at MMCC.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!